Gain Industry Experience in Software Development
ISIS Consultancy for SCC Postgraduate Students
- Are you a postgraduate student or have you recently completed a PhD?
- Do you want to utilise your technical skills to deliver consultancy projects for local businesses?
If so then you could become a consultant on the InfoLab21 Strategic Innovation Support Programme (ISIS) within the School of Computing and Communications.
What is ISIS Consultancy?
The aim of the ISIS programme is to support business growth in the North West through the transfer of knowledge from ICT specialists within SCC.
ISIS Consultancy is an opportunity for current/recent postgraduate & PhD students to gain consultancy experience by delivering technical IT solutions for businesses.
These projects will give you a chance to take on work that is within your area of expertise. A member of the ISIS team will support your project throughout, to help define the scope of the work, discuss ideas, assist with any challenges and join in with client meetings. You can also discuss approaches to particular solutions with other ISIS consultants and developers.
Project work can be completed on a flexible working basis with regular communication with InfoLab21 staff and the client. The maximum project duration is 80 hours and consultants should commit to a minimum number of working hours per week to enable project timescales to be calculated.
- Mobile Applications
- Prototype Development
- Web Applications
- ICT Strategies & Infrastructure Development
- Research Into New Technologies
- Cyber Security
- Use your skills in a practical and applied way to develop commercial systems
- Gain experience in technical consultancy for businesses and working with clients
- Build up a portfolio of project experience
- Projects can lead to further private work or employment
- Help the University support local business through the transfer of knowledge from the School of Computing and Communications.
- Flexible working hours can fit around your other work commitments to provide an additional income
How to Join
If you would like further information or would like to register your interest in delivering consultancy work in 2014 then get in touch or stop by the ISIS office.
Thomas Hurst, Consultancy Manager Tel: +44 (0) 01524 510416 email@example.com D55, InfoLab21.
Thu 13 February 2014
Lancaster University and resident company The REACH Centre have been recognised for their outstanding track-record of working together at a prestigious award ceremony.
Story supplied by LU Press Office
Wed 12 November 2014
On 24th October, forty teachers from across the South Lakes area visited the Faculty of Science and Technology, as part of a partnership between Lancaster University, Research Council UK, and the South Lakes Federation.
Thu 06 November 2014
Peter Hodgson, who has just successfully defended his PhD, has now rounded off the achievement with the award of an EPSRC Doctoral Prize by the Faculty of Science and Technology.
Thu 30 October 2014
Lancaster University has played a lead role in the inaugural meeting of a new engineering network for all types of engineers working on particle accelerators in the UK.
Fri 17 October 2014