Gain Industry Experience in Software Development
ISIS Consultancy for SCC Postgraduate Students
- Are you a postgraduate student or have you recently completed a PhD?
- Do you want to utilise your technical skills to deliver consultancy projects for local businesses?
If so then you could become a consultant on the InfoLab21 Strategic Innovation Support Programme (ISIS) within the School of Computing and Communications.
What is ISIS Consultancy?
The aim of the ISIS programme is to support business growth in the North West through the transfer of knowledge from ICT specialists within SCC.
ISIS Consultancy is an opportunity for current/recent postgraduate & PhD students to gain consultancy experience by delivering technical IT solutions for businesses.
These projects will give you a chance to take on work that is within your area of expertise. A member of the ISIS team will support your project throughout, to help define the scope of the work, discuss ideas, assist with any challenges and join in with client meetings. You can also discuss approaches to particular solutions with other ISIS consultants and developers.
Project work can be completed on a flexible working basis with regular communication with InfoLab21 staff and the client. The maximum project duration is 80 hours and consultants should commit to a minimum number of working hours per week to enable project timescales to be calculated.
- Mobile Applications
- Prototype Development
- Web Applications
- ICT Strategies & Infrastructure Development
- Research Into New Technologies
- Cyber Security
- Use your skills in a practical and applied way to develop commercial systems
- Gain experience in technical consultancy for businesses and working with clients
- Build up a portfolio of project experience
- Projects can lead to further private work or employment
- Help the University support local business through the transfer of knowledge from the School of Computing and Communications.
- Flexible working hours can fit around your other work commitments to provide an additional income
How to Join
If you would like further information or would like to register your interest in delivering consultancy work in 2014 then get in touch or stop by the ISIS office.
Thomas Hurst, Consultancy Manager Tel: +44 (0) 01524 510416 firstname.lastname@example.org D55, InfoLab21.
Thu 13 February 2014
Over 200 pupils from eight schools across the North West got a taste of what it’s like to study STEM subjects at Lancaster University.
Wed 01 July 2015
An engineering student has received an award in the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Mechatronic Student of the Year contest.
Wed 10 June 2015
Lancaster University’s work to support businesses and the economy has been recognised by the inaugural Educate North Awards.
Fri 05 June 2015
Lancaster University, with support from leading retailer Waitrose, is launching a new on-line postgraduate course designed to enable food-chain professionals to meet the challenges of future food production.
Tue 02 June 2015