Apply Now For BBC Dragons' Den
The BBC are currently taking applications for the fifth series of Dragons' Den.
The programme gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to pitch their innovative business ideas to 5 multi-millionaire investors who choose whether or not to invest in the idea presented.
Lancaster University supported previous Dragons' Den contestants Raw Studio who successfully pitched for a £75,000 investment in their snow-sport invention, the Snowbone.
As demonstrated by the investments in the last series, ideas, businesses and products that meet some or all of the following criteria stand a good chance of securing the Dragons' interest:
- The Unique Selling Point: a product that serves a need like nothing else.
- Scalability: something that can be up scaled to make real money.
- Route to Market: the clear way the product can be sold and marketed.
- Mutually Beneficial Arrangement: just what will the Dragons get out of it?
- Exit Strategy: a plan of how the entrepreneur/Dragon will exit and make money.
For application details follow the link below to the Dragons' Den website.
Wed 15 April 2009
Over 200 pupils from eight schools across the North West got a taste of what it’s like to study STEM subjects at Lancaster University.
Wed 01 July 2015
An engineering student has received an award in the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Mechatronic Student of the Year contest.
Wed 10 June 2015
Lancaster University’s work to support businesses and the economy has been recognised by the inaugural Educate North Awards.
Fri 05 June 2015
Lancaster University, with support from leading retailer Waitrose, is launching a new on-line postgraduate course designed to enable food-chain professionals to meet the challenges of future food production.
Tue 02 June 2015