Grow Your Business With LEAD
Grow Creative at Lancaster University is providing leadership training for owner/managers from the Creative Industries starting at the end of November 2009.
LEAD recognises that the most important part of a small business is the owner/manager, therefore the programme seeks to develop them as a leaders and give them the tools and confidence to make strategic business decisions that will help their business develop and grow.
Businesses that have taken part in LEAD over the last 4 years have benefited from a significant increase in sales turnover as a result of their participation.
Interested? Other benefits include:
- Improved leadership and increased confidence
- Improved delegation skills, improved staff productivity and more effective business processes
- The skills to manage your business more effectively in this tough economic climate
- Increased confidence allowing you to make the right decisions
- Improved strategic thinking - Work ON your business not IN it
- The "board you can't afford" - the support and advice from peers is invaluable
"No matter what issues or concerns a business owner has, LEAD can help by offering them the chance to learn from others who have had similar experiences" -Marian Ginesi, Linco Communications, LEAD cohort delegate, February 2009.
Is LEAD right for you?
LEAD has been designed for owners or senior managers of small businesses in the Northwest with up to 20 employees.
- Want to gain confidence in and improve your leadership skills?
- Want to grow your business but aren't sure of the direction you should take?
- Want support in developing new business processes and ways of streamlining your business?
- Feel isolated and without a peer support network to turn to for advice?
- 21st October - 2pm-3pm - Lancaster University
- 5th November - 2pm-3pm - Lancaster University
Do you identify with the profile we are looking for? Would you like to apply some of the benefits of the programme to your business?
To find out more we are holding some preview sessions where you can meet the team, hear more about the activities involved in LEAD and ask questions. We will also have previous delegates on hand to tell you about their experiences and the benefits to their businesses.
Register for a free place at www.businesslinknw.co.uk/leadevent/ leadevent and select Lancaster University Grow Creative as your provider.
Tue 20 October 2009
The Engineering Department has been working with a group of “Aspiring Engineers” at Ripley St Thomas Church of England Academy. Alongside listening to talks on a variety of topics from representatives from the Engineering Department and industry, the students were asked to think like engineers and devise a solution to a problem the world might face in 2050. Ideas ranged from trains to kettles of the future. The students presented their solutions as conference style posters to...
Fri 24 April 2015
Lancaster University and energy company EDF have teamed up to provide opportunities for students to gain valuable industry experience.
Fri 24 April 2015
Researchers from the Engineering Department have visited Lancaster Girls Grammar School, Ulverston Victoria High School and Lancaster Royal Grammar School to present research topics to sixth form pupils, and to challenge them to think like engineers to solve problems related to their research.
Fri 24 April 2015
School of Computing and Communications computer scientists are at the forefront of a UK-wide BBC initiative launched on March 12th to inspire a new generation to get creative with coding, programming and digital technology.
Story supplied by LU Press Office
Tue 31 March 2015