Postgraduate Opportunities in Engineering
Five MSc (by Research) opportunities as well as a funded PhD in Renewable Energy are currently available in Lancaster's Engineering Department.
MSc by Research
The MSc opportunities, each with a significant living allowance, are offered by Lancaster Product Development Unit (LPDU), the Outreach Team of the Engineering Department. Three are focused on rapid manufacturing and two on sustainable product development. The MSc titles are:
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Rapid Manufacturing Supply Chain and Implementation Strategies for the NW Region
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Rapid Manufacturing Design Scenarios
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Rapid Manufacturing Part Consolidation, Optimisation and Waste Reduction
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Carbon Footprint Methodology Development
- MSc Engineering (by Research) in Social Impact Assessment
Each one attracts a studentship that covers the Home/EU course registration fee and which provides a maintenance living allowance of £8500.
Renewable Energy PhD
The engineering department's Renewable Energy Group also has funding to support a PhD in the design build and test of a river based low head hydro power system.
Tue 12 June 2007
An engineering student has received an award in the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Mechatronic Student of the Year contest.
Wed 10 June 2015
Lancaster University’s work to support businesses and the economy has been recognised by the inaugural Educate North Awards.
Fri 05 June 2015
Lancaster University, with support from leading retailer Waitrose, is launching a new on-line postgraduate course designed to enable food-chain professionals to meet the challenges of future food production.
Tue 02 June 2015
A Lancaster University professor is at the forefront of promising technology techniques to speed up the development of fifth generation (5G) wireless communications.
Thu 14 May 2015