Business and Investment Opportunities in Europe
InfoLab21 resident Kinetic Cubed are looking for NW companies looking for business and investment opportunities in Brussels and Copenhagen.
Mark Beresford, Co-founder and Director of Kinetic Cubed is working with two European city region investment promotion agencies, Copenhagen Capacity and Invest in Brussels, to help them market and attract UK companies into their locations.
Copenhagen is home to one of the highest densities of corporate businesses and corporate HQ operations in Scandinavia. Being at the centre of the Nordic region, which has one of the highest levels of GDP per capita in the world, Copenhagen is a global leader in industries such as Cleantech, ICT and Logistics.
There are three key reasons why UK businesses should consider setting up in Copenhagen, namely:
- Copenhagen is the strategic location in the Nordics and has a track record of helping dynamic UK companies acquire new clients, expand and consolidate their operations in this important business region.
- Copenhagen provides a high degree of 'flexsecurity' - i.e. an optimal combination of high levels of work force productivity (helping produce more with less in today's highly competitive market places) with labour market flexibility and efficiency.
- Copenhagen is a hotbed of know-how, innovation and talent with a high degree of absorptive capacity for new ideas, commercialisation and knowledge transfer around the 'triple helix' of business, universities and government. These factors lead to a high degree of competitiveness, and examples of this can be seen in the significant cluster effects in the green and clean technology, renewable energy, ICT, medical technology and logistics sectors.
On the other hand, Brussels is the business and political heart of the EU, well connected and a gateway to European markets. There are three key reasons why UK companies should consider Brussels as a cost effective location to base their European operations from.
- Brussels is home to many major global corporations and also provides a relatively low cost gateway to new business opportunities in the local and wider Benelux and European markets.
- Brussels is home to key economic and political decision makers from global institutions such as the EU, NATO, NGOs, and think tanks.
- Brussels has a strong track record of being one of the most innovative places in Europe to do business. Sectors such as Professional and Financial Services, ICT, Healthcare / Bio and Energy and Environment are highly developed.
If your business is interested in accessing the European market, then like to talk to you. For an exploratory discussion on expansion into the Nordics, or continental Europe, please contact Mark Beresford at email@example.com or 07788 917931.
Mon 20 December 2010
Lancaster University computer scientists are at the forefront of a UK-wide BBC initiative launched today to inspire a new generation to get creative with coding, programming and digital technology.
Tue 07 July 2015
Over 200 pupils from eight schools across the North West got a taste of what it’s like to study STEM subjects at Lancaster University.
Wed 01 July 2015
An engineering student has received an award in the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Mechatronic Student of the Year contest.
Wed 10 June 2015
Lancaster University’s work to support businesses and the economy has been recognised by the inaugural Educate North Awards.
Fri 05 June 2015