Grow Your Business With LEAD
Grow Creative at Lancaster University is providing leadership training for owner/managers from the Creative Industries starting at the end of November 2009.
LEAD recognises that the most important part of a small business is the owner/manager, therefore the programme seeks to develop them as a leaders and give them the tools and confidence to make strategic business decisions that will help their business develop and grow.
Businesses that have taken part in LEAD over the last 4 years have benefited from a significant increase in sales turnover as a result of their participation.
Interested? Other benefits include:
- Improved leadership and increased confidence
- Improved delegation skills, improved staff productivity and more effective business processes
- The skills to manage your business more effectively in this tough economic climate
- Increased confidence allowing you to make the right decisions
- Improved strategic thinking - Work ON your business not IN it
- The "board you can't afford" - the support and advice from peers is invaluable
"No matter what issues or concerns a business owner has, LEAD can help by offering them the chance to learn from others who have had similar experiences" -Marian Ginesi, Linco Communications, LEAD cohort delegate, February 2009.
Is LEAD right for you?
LEAD has been designed for owners or senior managers of small businesses in the Northwest with up to 20 employees.
- Want to gain confidence in and improve your leadership skills?
- Want to grow your business but aren't sure of the direction you should take?
- Want support in developing new business processes and ways of streamlining your business?
- Feel isolated and without a peer support network to turn to for advice?
- 21st October - 2pm-3pm - Lancaster University
- 5th November - 2pm-3pm - Lancaster University
Do you identify with the profile we are looking for? Would you like to apply some of the benefits of the programme to your business?
To find out more we are holding some preview sessions where you can meet the team, hear more about the activities involved in LEAD and ask questions. We will also have previous delegates on hand to tell you about their experiences and the benefits to their businesses.
Register for a free place at www.businesslinknw.co.uk/leadevent/ leadevent and select Lancaster University Grow Creative as your provider.
Tue 20 October 2009
Lancaster University and resident company The REACH Centre have been recognised for their outstanding track-record of working together at a prestigious award ceremony.
Story supplied by LU Press Office
Wed 12 November 2014
On 24th October, forty teachers from across the South Lakes area visited the Faculty of Science and Technology, as part of a partnership between Lancaster University, Research Council UK, and the South Lakes Federation.
Thu 06 November 2014
Peter Hodgson, who has just successfully defended his PhD, has now rounded off the achievement with the award of an EPSRC Doctoral Prize by the Faculty of Science and Technology.
Thu 30 October 2014
Lancaster University has played a lead role in the inaugural meeting of a new engineering network for all types of engineers working on particle accelerators in the UK.
Fri 17 October 2014