Why do an industry-focused PhD?
- Do you want to develop your skills and experience in science or engineering to undertake a rewarding and well-paid career?
- Have you considered doing a PhD but thought that was just for people wanting to be academics?
- Are you interested in how new products, processes and services are developed?
- Do you want to be part of a large, strong graduate cohort underpinning the development of radically new products and services?
- Do you want to work alongside the people in businesses doing your dream job whilst gaining a PhD?
- Do you have what it takes to be a postgraduate at a world-class university?
If the answer is yes, apply for one of our first cohort of 12 PhDs here, and register your interest now. You have the opportunity to be the first to be invited to apply for our next cohort of industry-focused three-year funded PhD from Lancaster University.
You could be part of a new cohort of around 40 exceptional PhD researchers working in a unique partnership between academia and business. You will be working with a leading high-growth business undertaking intensive R&D on a specific research project to underpin the development of a new product or service, using this work as the basis of your PhD programme of study. Another cohort of researchers may start their industry-focused PhDs in January, April and October 2017, for which you can also register interest now.
Successful applicants could:
- Receive £15,000 tax-free per year
- Undertake a substantive collaborative project with a business with a base in the North West of England
- EU/UK graduates - have your postgraduate tuition fees fully funded for by your partner business, worth £4,195 per year
- Non-EU/UK graduates - have your fees subsidised from £17,510 per year to £13,315 per year. See published rates by year of entry
- Become part of a cohort of graduates working with an award-winning team on business-led R&D
- Develop new products, processes and services
- Be in an enviable position to develop a long-term well-paid career
- Gain a postgraduate qualification from a world-leading university
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas