How to Apply
Click the project link above you are interested in and follow the instructions on how to apply for a specific project and convince us why you are the right person for the role.
We expect to advertise more projects in the coming weeks to start by September 2017 or earlier. Register now to be amongst the first to be invited to apply for our industry-focused twelve-month projects leading to a Masters by Research qualification.
Why do an industry-focused Masters?
- Have you considered doing a Masters degree but wanted to be focused on R&D?
- Do you want to be paid whilst undertaking a Masters degree?
- Are you interested in how new products, processes and services are developed?
- Do you want to be part of a large, strong postgraduate cohort underpinning the development of radically new products and services?
- Do you want to work alongside the people in businesses doing your dream job whilst gaining a Masters degree?
- Are you interested in reduced fees of with your business paying a contribution of £2,000?
- Do you have what it takes to be a postgraduate at a world-class university?
If the answer is yes, register your interest now.
You could be part of a new cohort of exceptional Masters researchers working in a unique partnership between academia and business.
You will be working with a leading business undertaking intensive R&D on a specific research project to underpin the development of a new product or service, using this work as the basis of your Masters programme of study.
Successful applicants could:
- Receive £15,000 tax-free per year
- Undertake a substantive collaborative project with a business with a base in the North West of England
- EU/UK graduates - have your postgraduate tuition fees fully funded for by your partner business, worth £4,195/year. Non-EU/UK graduates - have your fees subsidised from £17,510/year. see published rates by year of entry
- Become part of a cohort of graduates working with an award-winning team on business-led R&D
- Develop new products, processes and services
- Be in an enviable position to develop a long-term well-paid career
- Gain a postgraduate qualification from a world-leading university
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas
The Centre for Global Eco-Innovation
The Centre for Global Eco-Innovation was established in 2012 to support Northwest businesses with R&D for a better environment. Double award winning for its work, the Centre has expanded and offers new research project opportunities. The Centre is partly Funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Why Lancaster University?
Lancaster University is ranked among the top ten universities in the UK. We have invested over £450m into our campus in the last ten years, including our new Engineering building, the refurbishment of the Library, Physics and Chemistry facilities and a £20m sports centre and facilities, with a further £135m investment planned. We’re great for nurturing talent and links with industry; we’ve over 5000 successful partnerships with businesses. We’re global, with a huge number of research links around the world which provide exciting opportunities for our students, and we’re collegiate, you will join our Graduate College, providing you with a supportive student environment.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org