Professionalism in the Cyber Security Industry
The talk will describe:
- The need for professionalization within the technical information assurance industry
- Why there is such a good opportunity to enter the industry
- The professional qualifications that are available for students to aim for once they have entered the industry
- Examples from current penetration testers in different points in their career
- Government and private sector schemes
- Opportunities for Internships and junior roles
- Student CREST membership and opportunities to apply for CREST awards through the university
Ian Glover has thirty six years' experience in information technology and has specialised in professional services for the last twenty eight years. Ian is the President of the Council of Registered Ethical Security Testers (CREST) (GB). CREST is a not for profit organisation that promotes research and development in standards for professional technical Information Assurance practices. CREST serves the needs of an information security marketplace that requires the services of regulated and professional security professionals. Ian was the elected Chairman of the CLAS Forum. CLAS is a partnership linking the Information Assurance knowledge of the UK Government with the expertise and resources of the private sector. It provides a pool of more than 800 high quality consultants approved by CESG to provide Information Assurance advice to UK Government departments. The Forum was established to promote the interests of the CLAS community.
Delivered in partnership with
The Council of Registered Ethical Security Testers (CREST) is a standards-based organisation for penetration testing suppliers incorporating a best practice technical certification programme for individual consultants. CREST provides its members with a framework of guidance including standards, methodologies and recommendations aimed at ensuring the very highest standards of leading-edge security testing.