Small Business: Cyber Security Survey
The Small Business Cyber Security Survey was conceived in response to the business questions that was being put Lancaster University around the topic of cyber security. For a number of years Lancaster University has been running an annual conference focusing on business issues around cyber security culminating in the Cyber Security Conference series [2011, 2012] run in partnership with the Cyber Security working group of theInformation Communication Technology Knowledge Transfer Network (ICT KTN) for the past two years. The conference in 2012 provided an ideal platform to gather information in the hope of providing a valuable resource for businesses to understand cyber security concerns and issues that the region as a whole is facing. This is the first report in what is hoped will become a longitudinal study of these business issues.
- 10:00 - Arrival and canapés
- 10:30 - Presentation from Nick King (School of Computing and Communications, Lancaster University)
- 10:45 - Presentation from Dr Daniel Prince (Security Lancaster, Lancaster University)
- 11:00 - Presentation from Tony Dyhouse (ICT KTN)
- 11:15 - Presentation from Eric Ollerenshaw OBE (MP, Lancaster and Fleetwood)
- 11:30 - Panel discussion about report findings and effects on business
- 12:00 - Sit down lunch
- 13:00 - Networking and refreshments
- 14:00 - Close
Delivered in Partnership with the ICT KTN
The Information and Communications Technology Knowledge Transfer Network (ICT KTN) is an industry-led initiative funded by the Technology Strategy Board and focused on ICT Knowledge Transfer as a stimulus to economic growth. The ICT KTN seeks to deliver improved industrial performance through innovation and collaboration, and provides an independent business voice to inform Government of the needs of the sector.