Form a partnership with Security Lancaster and connect with experts in research on security and global politics.
Futures provides and interdisciplinary research space that sets out to:
- A space for interdisciplinary dialogue on debates regarding new technologies and policies that are shaped by "fear" or "optimism" in the public sphere.
- A space to examine potential social, economic and security vulnerabilities in emerging technological and social trends.
- A space to identify emerging research areas on global technology and security problems.
- Cyber Security and Gender (Dr Karenza Moore)
- Cyber Security and Conflict Outside "the West" (Dr Mark Lacy)
Access Security Futures Expertise
- Accidents in a network society
- Borders, control and technology
- Conflict resolution and digital geopolitics
- Complexity sciences and security
- Cyber security and shadow economies
- Ecological/energy aspects of digital economies
- Emerging threats
- Ethical/legal/social dimensions of the transparent society
- Global unrest in a digital age
- Insurance and cyber security
- New geographies of cyber insecurity
- Scenario planning and global security
- Smart cities and insecurity
- Social cohesion and network society