Summary of a Successful Admissions Process
- The candidate applies via the Clearing House in Clinical Psychology.
- Lancaster programme staff check that all applicants to the Lancaster DClinPsy meet the entry requirements. If the candidate discloses a disability they may be contacted by programme staff to check what modifications to the admissions process might be needed.
- The candidate takes a screening test online. Applicants with the top 72 scores on this test, plus those declaring a disability who score in or above the 70th centile are invited to attend the selection event.
- The candidate attends a selection event at Lancaster University. They meet a panel of selectors for around 75 minutes and take part in 4 selection activities. They may also take a short mental ability test.
- A provisional verbal offer of a place is made subject to:
- An up to date reference from the current employer
- The completion of Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust's 'Self Declaration Form A'
- An occupational health check
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check