PhD fees and funding
There are a wide range of possible sources of studentships, scholarships and bursaries. You will need to begin your enquiries in good time to meet deadlines.
Quite a lot of our postgraduate students are externally funded. Our students have been supported by grants from government research bodies, charities, trusts, foundations, corporate and other sponsors.
- PhD Studentship: Transitions in the technologies and practices of office work
- PhD Studentship in Situating Everyday First Aid: Social Practices and Settings of Incidents and Help
- PhD Studentship in Social Inequalities
- PhD Studentship: Women’s experiences of gynaecological
- North West Social Science Doctoral Training Partnership (NWSSDTP)
- Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) North West Consortium Doctoral Training Partnership
- Faculty Scholarships
- The Peel Trust Studentships
Further information on funding opportunities can be found on the Student Based Services website.
Most graduate students at Lancaster do a certain amount of undergraduate teaching during their study, paid at a generous hourly rate.