Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) North West Consortium Doctoral Training Partnership
In association with the North West Consortium Doctoral Training Partnership (NWCDTP), each year Lancaster University invites applications from outstanding candidates for AHRC Doctoral Studentships.
The NWCDTP expects to make approximately fifty awards across the whole range of arts and humanities subjects. A small number of these are likely to be for Masters study by candidates who show exceptional potential for doctoral research.
The deadline for applications to be submitted is 5.00 pm GMT on Friday 3 February 2017.
Applicants to Lancaster must be planning to study in one of the following NWCDTP-approved pathways (administering departments in brackets):
- Art History (Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts)
- Chinese (Department of Linguistics & English Language)
- Creative Writing (Department of English & Creative Writing)
- Cultural Studies (Department of Sociology)
- Dance, Drama and Performing Arts (Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts)
- English (Department of English & Creative Writing)
- History (Department of History)
- Law (School of Law)
- Linguistics (Department of Linguistics & English Language)
- Media and Communication (Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts)
- Modern Languages (Department of Languages & Cultures)
- Philosophy (Department of Politics, Philosophy & Religion)
- Religions and Theology (Department of Politics, Philosophy & Religion)
- Translation Studies (Department of Linguistics & English Language)
- Visual Arts: Arts and Design (Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts)
To apply for an award, candidates must have applied for a place on a programme by Friday 20 January 2017. Please note that your application for admission onto your chosen programme must be complete (no missing documents) when submitted by this deadline. Please indicate in the 'Source of Funding' section of your programme application that you are applying for AHRC funding. Alternatively, if you have already submitted your programme application, please contact us at email@example.com.
You must also submit an NWCDTP Funding Application by 5.00 pm GMT on 10 February 2017 in order to be considered. Applicants are strongly advised to liaise with prospective supervisors when completing the studentship application form.
As part of the NWCDTP, a very limited amount of Masters funding will be available to outstanding students planning to undertake a PhD following the completion of their Masters. The same deadline applies as for doctoral studentships.
Further information about the NWCDTP and the studentships on offer is available via the NWCDTP website, as are the application forms and guidance notes for both doctoral and Masters studentships. Please check that you meet the academic and residential eligibility criteria on page 2 of the guidance notes before applying. Applications should be made on the appropriate application form (including the equal opportunities form on the last page) and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AHRC details of eligibility and the different kinds of studentship funding on offer can be found on the AHRC website.
The deadline for applications for 2017-18 is 5.00 pm GMT on 10 February 2017. There is only one closing date for funding applications each year and there is no flexibility on this date.