ESRC funding - North West Social Science Doctoral Training Partnership (NWSSDTP)
The deadline for applications to be submitted is 5.00 pm on Friday 27 January 2017.
Lancaster University forms part of the North West Social Science Doctoral Training Partnership (NWSSDTP) which offers scholarships covering tuition and maintenance for a Masters plus PhD (1+3) or for a PhD alone (+3, +2).
The pathways available are:
- Criminology, Social Policy and Social Work
- Development and Humanitarianism in an Unequal World
- Social Anthropology
- Social Studies of Science, Technology and Medicine
- UK students are eligible for full funding (fees and maintenance)
- EU students are eligible for fees only funding
- EU students resident in the UK for the past 3 years may be eligible for full funding
Due to the competitive nature of this funding, usually only students with a first class UG degree or a distinction in their MA would be successful.
The application process
- Applicants should initially contact us at email@example.com (01524 593148) to register their interest in applying. Application forms and full application guidelines can be found here.
- Applying can be a lengthy process, with candidates drafting and re-drafting their application with prospective supervisors. Candidates should start the application process as early as possible. Those applying for 1+3 must submit an MA application and a PhD application.
It is important that applicants inform the department of their intention to apply for ESRC funding as soon as possible.
Please contact us if you have any further questions.