Angelos K. Marnerides's Home Page
I am a Lecturer (tenure-track Assistant Professor) of Computer Networks in the School of Computing & Communications at Lancaster University, UK where I am a member of the Networking Research Group , Security Lancaster and a senior academic advisor of the Grizedale College . In parallel, I'm also the School of Computing & Communications Scheme Director for the International Teaching Partnership (ITP) with Sunway University, Malaysia . Here is a short bio.
- Contact information:
- Office C58
- School of Computing & Communications
- Lancaster University
- Lancaster, UK, LA1 4WA
- Phone: +1524 510 310
- E-mail: angelos dot marnerides@lancaster dot ac dot uk
Research | Teaching | Publications | Students | News | Collaborators | Bio | Miscellaneous
My research is focused on the design and development of network resilience mechanisms that also span the domains of network security and privacy, fault diagnosis and situation-awareness. I'm interested at designing such mechanisms with strong theoretical foundations derived out of statistical, information theoretic, signal processing and cryptographic approaches that can be practically implemented in real world deployments for a range of networked infrastructures (e.g. Cloud, SmartGrid, IoT). The list of my publications is available here.
- Research projects (past/current):
I've had and still have the privilege to work with the following:
Last Modified: Dec 6, 2016
- My brother Stefanos, a talented physicist and a bright musician (a.k.a The smallest Creature ) with some recent reviews on his songs. Here is also his full album Million on Spotify
- My eldest brother, Andreas, the real "Dr" in my family.
- A community that I was part of (heavily) as a PhD student/Postdoc: PerlMonks ....too bad Perl is now considered as a language for the old..
- My favorite spot for finding network data to "play" with.
- A nice part of the web where people talk on system/network vulnerabilities, OSVDB
- My favorite spot for learning about cool stuff, TheHackerNews
- Krav Maga has contributed significantly to my sanity.
- My current guitar.
- Myself when my papers/project proposals are rejected by bad reviewers that actually read only the abstract/outline and not the full paper.