Attendance Check-in on the iLancaster app uses iBeacon technology to register student attendance on all undergraduate programmes.
Having a problem getting Attendance Check-in to work on your device? There are drop-in sessions to help you:
- Mon 16th-Fri 20th October (Week 2), 1-5pm, Learning Zone Pod 4
- Mon 23rd-Fri 27th October (Week 3), 1-5pm, Learning Zone Pod 1
Checking in to teaching sessions automatically
- You need the latest version of iLancaster on your device, logged in using the 'Student/Staff User' profile.
- Bluetooth and Location Services must be turned on.
- If you want to get a notification when your attendance has been registered, notifications must be turned on.
- You need to go into the room where the timetabled session is taking place during the check-in window (which opens 5 minutes before the session start time and closes 5 minutes after the session end time).
Don't leave a teaching session without your attendance being registered.
You can look at the Attendance Check-in tile on your iLancaster home screen for confirmation that you’ve checked in or to see if you need to change your settings (eg turn on Bluetooth) to be able to check in.
Watch a short video about iLancaster Attendance Check-in: