I can’t see the attendance check-in tile on my device
If you're running the latest version of iLancaster, but still can't see the attendance check-in tile:
- Make sure that you're running the latest version of iLancaster. If you are, and you still can't see the tile…
- …make sure that you're using the 'Student/Staff User' profile. If you are, and you still can't see the tile…
- …log out of iLancaster then back in again to make sure that updates to the app have been applied.
I can't get attendance check-in to work on my device
If you can't get attendance check-in to work on your device:
Please report check-in problems to email@example.com
If check-in isn't working on your device, your lecturer will have an alternative way to record your attendance.
I'm not receiving attendance notifications
If you don't receive any notifications:
- Check that the session is taking place in the room shown on your timetable. If it is…
- …check that notifications are turned on for your device. If this still doesn't work…
- …try switching your device off then back on.
I've forgotten my device / don’t have a suitable device / am not using attendance check-in
If you can't or don't check in, your lecturer will have an alternative way to record your attendance. However, it will be quicker and easier for you to do this for yourself via iLancaster if you are able.
Don't leave a session without having had your attendance recorded.
I'm late to my session
Don't worry, you will still be able to check in until 5 minutes after the session is scheduled to end.
I'm not able to attend my session
There’s a link to Absence Notifications via the attendance information tile in iLancaster; you can do it from your mobile device, or from a PC or laptop using the web version of iLancaster.
Alternatively, you can notify your department of your absence by self-certifying via the student portal as usual. Please remember that, where possible, you should provide notification of your absence/illness prior to the session. Your department may require medical evidence in some cases.
If duplicate sessions are scheduled, you'll have to ask your lecturer if you're permitted to attend a different session to the one you were timetable for. Note that if you attend a duplicate session (i.e. not the one you are timetabled to attend) you won't be able to use attendance check-in to record your attendance.