Register a change of name

In order for the University to update your name on the student records we require evidence of a legal name change.

To change your name you will need to print off and complete the change of name form

Along with this form you will also need to provide at least one of the appropriate supporting documentation listed below:

If you have changed your name:

  • Marriage certificate
  • Change of name deed (previously known as a 'Deed Poll')
  • Statutory declaration

If your name has been spelt incorrectly or is missing a middle name:

  • Passport
  • Birth certificate
  • Marriage Certificate

Once you have completed the form you will need to submit it at along with documentation at the Base. 

If you are sending the information by post please supply a stamped addressed envelope so that we can return your original documents. Our address is:

The Base
University House
Lancaster University