While this course is intended for students of both English Language and Business, the focus is on language and its use by and in companies, focusing on key areas such as intercultural, gendered and leadership communication. This will be complemented by input on methods and genre, with a view to enabling you to apply the knowledge in your own assessed work.
On successful completion of this module, you will:
- be aware of how different social and cultural contexts affect the nature of language and meaning
- be able to apply knowledge of corporate communication, including genres and audiences, to the analysis and critical examination of authentic data
- be able to apply your knowledge of corporate communication to produce your own spoken and written texts in that area
- be able to evaluate the merits of linguistic and management theories for the study of corporate communication
- be able to apply your knowledge of corporate communication to produce your own texts in that area.