Information for Offer Holders
Arrival in the UK
We recommend that you fly to Manchester Airport as this has easy access to Lancaster University. You can then travel to Lancaster on the Coach Transfer Service from Manchester Airport which operates at the beginning of the academic year (October) and in January for the start of the Lent term.
If you would like to use this service you must book and pay for a place on the coach in advance of your arrival in the UK and you will be notified when you can do this.
If you do not use the Coach Transfer Service from Manchester Airport, you can travel to Lancaster by train, coach or taxi.
Whether you arrive on campus during office hours or not, you should go directly to the Porters’ Lodge in your College. Do not go to the main Security/Reception office on campus as you will be directed to your College and you will have to walk there with your luggage!
Pre-arrival information and details of the Orientation Programme will be sent to you in advance of your arrival at Lancaster. You will also receive an Orientation Pack when you arrive at your College.
It is important that you obtain the correct visa or entry clearance to study in the UK. You will be sent detailed information about visas and immigration when you have accepted your offer to study at Lancaster University.
If you have questions or need help regarding immigration matters when you are at Lancaster, you can contact the International Student Advisory Service which can give you advice and guidance about these matters.
Information on how to apply for your accommodation will be sent to you once you accept your offer to study at Lancaster.
- Arrival: Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd October 2016
- Welcome: Monday 3rd October – Friday 7th October 2016
- Teaching: Monday 10th October - Friday 16th December 2016
- Arrival: Tuesday 10th January 2017
- Welcome: Wednesday 11th January – Friday 13th January 2017
- Teaching: Monday 16th January - Friday 24th March 2017
- Teaching: Monday 24th April – Friday 30th June 2017
- Arrival: Saturday 30th September and Sunday 1st October 2017
- Welcome: Monday 2nd October – Friday 6th October 2017
- Teaching: Monday 9th October - Friday 15th December 2017
- Arrival: Tuesday 9th January 2018
- Welcome: Wednesday 10th January – Friday 12th January 2018
- Teaching: Monday 15th January - Friday 23rd March 2018
- Teaching: Monday 23rd April – Friday 29th June 2018
Welcome Week is specifically for Study Abroad, Exchange and Erasmus students and takes place the week before term starts. The programme will include:
- Welcome Talk
- Guide to teaching and learning in UK Universities & understanding the Lancaster system
- Sessions on the university’s facilities
- Course Enrolment
- Campus Tours
- Evening social events