What and where are our programmes?
In collaboration with Lancaster University’s partner universities and colleges overseas we have a variety of programmes, which give students in their home country access to degree schemes here at Lancaster. The number of our partners and programmes is growing, so watch this page for new developments!
1+3 Foundation Programmes
What is a Foundation Programme and why might I need to do one?
If you are from a country where the secondary (High School) education system is broader than that of the UK, or is one year shorter, you may need to take a foundation programme before you are considered ready to enter a UK undergraduate degree scheme.
The one-year Foundation Programme will provide you with a range of courses to ensure that you are properly prepared to enter a degree course at Lancaster. You will study the English language, study skills, cultural orientation, and some subject content, depending on the degree course you wish to study. If you take a foundation course at one of our partner universities, Lancaster undertakes to make you a conditional offer of entry, an advantage you would not enjoy with general foundation programmes.
- We have a Foundation Programme on campus at our International Study Centre (ISC). This programme is managed by Study Group.
- We also run Foundation Programmes with selected partner institutions in China. These are for students who wish to stay in their own country while they prepare for undergraduate study at Lancaster.
What is a 2+2 Programme?
A 2+2 programme allows you to take a two year course of study at one of our partner institutions before entering directly into Part II of our undergraduate degree schemes here at Lancaster. In this case, during the two years you spend in your own country you will take courses in the English language, study skills, and in addition you will also take courses in the area which you are going to study for your degree. You will enter the Lancaster degree scheme in Year 2. You will then study for a further two years here – hence 2+2. ‘Other’ programmes take a slightly different format such as 1+2 or 3+2. Find out more information about these and the 2+2 programmes available in the countries listed below:
We offer a pre-Master’s programme in China at Beijing Foreign Studies University. This course offers English language and related subject-content preparation for suitably qualified graduates seeking to do a Master’s degree in Linguistics, TESOL, TEFL, Language Studies and Media & Cultural Studies at Lancaster.
1+1 Double Masters Degree Programmes
In collaboration with our partners, Lancaster offers Double Master’s Degree Programmes in a variety of subject areas in different countries. Students spend one year of their Master’s course in their own country and then the second year at Lancaster. After successful completion they are awarded two degrees, one from their home university and one from Lancaster. The format is slightly different in each of the partner institutions.
Find out more information about these programmes available in the countries listed below:
Who are we?
- Dr Michele Luxon, Head of Overseas Programmes
- Michele leads on the development of new partnerships and transfer programmes in different parts of the world. She specifically co-ordinates the programmes we have established and are developing in India, Malaysia and Sri Lanka.
- Emma Carline, International Officer
- Emma is the Lancaster coordinator for the four main China partnerships and transfer programmes in Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Chongqing.
- Mutty Dad, International Officer
- Mutty is the Lancaster coordinator for the established partnerships and transfer programmes in South Asia.
How can you contact us?
C Floor, University House
+44 (0)1524 592589
+44 (0)1524 593907