This part-time programme has been developed to meet the needs of experienced professionals in the areas of higher education and further education. The aim is to provide an opportunity for participants to become autonomous researchers and to gain deeper and more critical insight into their own and others’ professional practices and concerns by following a directed programme.
The four year course is structured, supported and assessed, through modules involving directed study and residential teaching. The course is organised around a series of residentials, which enable participants to meet and socialise, engage in one to one tutorials, and participate in seminars and lectures. Students focus on their final research thesis from the third year onwards.
Director of Studies: Professor Malcolm Tight
Entry Requirements: An upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent, and Masters or three years' practical experience working in higher/further education
IELTS: Overall 6.5 with at least 6.0 for reading and writing
Assessment: Combination of assessed coursework and thesis
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/
- E-Research and Technology Enhanced Learning (by course work and thesis) : PhD
- Education and Social Justice (thesis and coursework) : PhD
- Educational Research (Independent Study) : MPhil/PhD
- Educational Research - Higher or Teacher Education (thesis and coursework) : MPhil/PhD
- Higher Education: Research, Evaluation and Enhancement : PhD