The duration of this part-time course is flexible as it is offered on a modular basis.
By enhancing your understanding of leadership and management theories and increasing your ability to apply this knowledge to real work issues, the course is suitable for those in management roles with sufficient autonomy and/or senior management support and access to resources to undertake projects impacting on your own and others’ professional practice.
Completion of part 1 can: lead to a Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership and Management; a Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership and Management (Health Care); year 2 of the MA in Developing Professional Practice in Management; or the MA in Developing Professional Practice in Management (Health Care).
The course is structured around six taught modules:
Understanding Leadership and Management
Analysing Drivers for Change
Leading and Managing People
Collaborative and Team Working
Developing as an Independent Learner
Director of Studies: Jan Metcalfe.
Duration: Part-time with up to 60 months to complete.
Entry Requirements: Completed application form, a 500 word statement and recommendation from your line manager. We may ask you to undertake a pre-entry assessment. We also offer accreditation of prior learning (APL) both certificated and experiential.
IELTS: At least 6.5 overall (minimum element scores apply).
Assessment: Coursework, including learning contracts, project proposals, reports, reflective commentary, and oral presentation
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/
- Advanced Social Work : MA
- Applied Bioscience and Business Management : PGCert
- Biomedical Training for Industry : PgCert
- Business Management with Energy and Fuels from Waste : PgCert
- Clinical Research : MSc
- Leadership and Management (Health Care) : PgCert
- Leadership and Management : Postgraduate Certificate
- Medical Biotechnology and Leadership : MSc
- Medical Leadership : Postgraduate Certificate
- Organisational Change (Health Care) : Postgraduate Certificate
- Organisational Change : Postgraduate Certificate
- Professional Development : PgCert
- Professional Practice via Negotiated Work Based Learning : PGCert
- Professional Practice via Negotiated Work Based Learning : PGDip
- Professional Practice via Negotiated Work Based learning : MA/MSc