Green Lancaster is a collaborative initiative run by Lancaster University and Lancaster University Students’ Union (LUSU) to:
- Provide a central forum for demonstrating and disseminating good sustainability practice.
- Engage the University community as a whole to encourage and embed sustainable behaviours.
- Facilitate the linking of teaching, research, and practice, utilising the significant expertise within the University.
- Alter staff and student behaviours in order to reduce carbon emissions, energy and resource consumption associated with University activities and operations.
- Provide a student experience that promotes sustainability.
For regular updates on all Green Lancaster activity, sign up to the newsletter here.
From better buildings to efficient energy production – innovation, imagination and commitment are helping us achieve our carbon reduction targets.
Discover how Lancaster University is employing low carbon technology to drastically reduce our carbon footprint
In depth understanding and practical application: the cornerstones of undergraduate and postgraduate sustainability study at Lancaster University.
Green Lancaster is helping students get involved with sustainability projects on campus and within the local community.
We're sharing our knowledge and expertise to the benefit of our graduates, industry and the environment.
Ideas forged in Lancaster are influencing attitudes, policies, industry and technologies around the world.