Car Parking Policy 2017/18
We aim to improve the quality and value for money of alternatives to single-occupancy car travel in line with the University's Travel Plan objectives. You can view the parking options and prices in the information below.
Summary of Parking Changes for 2017/18
Effective from 1st October 2017:
- South West Campus Parking Zone – re-designation of the Student Parking Zone on Alexandra Park to the South West Campus Parking Zone. All valid parking permits, scratchcards and pay and display tickets will be accepted in the SW Campus Parking Zone. This zone should be used as an overflow area when parking on main campus is full. Student Parking Permits will continue to be restricted for use ONLY in the SW Campus Parking Zone. Note that the South West Campus Parking Zone does not include the car parks at the Lancaster House Hotel.
- Permit Pricing – inflationary price increases have been applied to some permit prices, although some permit prices have been frozen. Please see Car Parking Charges 2017/18 for more information.
- Contractor Parking – Contractor Parking Permits will be restricted for use ONLY in the South West Campus Parking Zone on Alexandra Park.
- Sports Field Car Park K – all day parking will be priced at £3 per day on this car park.
- Sports Centre rear car park by the bowling green – Staff Parking Permits are valid on this car park from 07:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. This is now in operation but note that this only applies to the rear car park by the bowling green. It does NOT apply to the front car park outside the Sports Centre building.
- Enhanced parking for students with children under 5 years of age – students residing on the main campus with children under the age of 5 years can upgrade their parking permit to allow parking in the Visitor Parking Zone.
- Student staff parking – parking permits for eligible student staff will be valid only in the South West Campus Parking Zone.
- Visitor Car Park H – temporary changes to parking on the perimeter road near the Management School (effective 24th July 2017) will continue for the duration of Phase 1 of the LUMS Space Programme.
Campus Parking Enforcement Now in Operation
Please adhere to the Car Parking Policy 2017/18 to avoid receiving a Parking Charge Notice (PCN). Please note that staff parking permits and all scratchcards and pay and display tickets from Car Parks A-J are valid on the South West Campus Parking Zone on Alexandra Park if the main campus is full.
Apply Online for Parking Permits
Visitor Parking Zones
These zones are available to University visitors with a valid one-day green visitor scratch-card or pay & display sticker or staff holding a valid Car Sharing Permit. They are also available for the University's fleet of vehicles and hired cars for University business. Visitors must not park in staff zones. Staff and student permit holders must not park in visitor zones.
All ticket machines dispense tickets for 2 hours at £2 or £5 for a full day (see below for exceptions). All day visitor scratch cards are available from the Cashiers Desk in University House between 9.00am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday, and are priced at £5 each. Car Parking Zones Map 2017Car Parking Zone Map is available. Students are not permitted to buy one-day scratchcards.
Further travel information and maps for visitors click here.
Pay & Display Machines
Most machines accept payment by coin and credit/debit card. Pay & Display Machines are located in the following Visitor Car Parks:
Note: There is no payment machine at Visitor Car Park B, located off North East Drive. The nearest machine is located in Visitor Car Park A.
Student Parking Permit
Students are not normally allowed car parking permits to park on campus. Please check the Student Parking Policy 2017/18 for exceptions.
Applying for a Student Parking Permit
For applications under categories 1 to 4 of the Student Parking Policy please use the Student Categories 1-4 Eligibility Application Form 2017/18.
Contact the Car Parking Office on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01524 592179
Termly Parking Permit
Staff and eligible students can purchase Termly Permits direct from the Car Parking Office in the Security Lodge at any time of the year. These are not purchased through Flexible Benefits.
They are as follows:
- Staff Termly Permit: £65
- Student (Alexandra Park) Termly Permit: £51
Students must be eligible for a permit under the Student Car Parking Policy - except during summer vacation.
- Chancellor's Wharf Termly Permit: £51
- Contractor Termly Permit: £65
Valid only on South West Campus Parking Zone on Alexandra Park (excludes Lancaster House Hotel car parks).
The Autumn Term permit includes the Christmas Vacation period. The Spring Term permit includes the Easter Vacation period. There is a separate permit for the Summer Vacation, priced the same as above.
Staff Car Share Permit
The price of the Staff Car Share Permit is significantly cheaper than the standard staff permit to encourage car sharing! See the Car Sharing pages for more information.
Contractor Parking Policy
Different arrangements apply to contractor parking. Click here to view the Contractor Parking Policy 2017/18.
Parking for Astroturf and Tennis Courts
Users of the Astroturf pitches or the tennis courts at the University, which are accessed off Green Lane, should park on the Sports Field Car Park or the University campus (accessed up the main University vehicle entrance on the A6) and walk down to the facility. Parking is free after 18:00 and at weekends but is pay and display at other times at £3 for up to 10 hours parking. Please do not park on Green Lane as this road has double yellow lines along its lengths and is being regularly enforced.
Urban Core Area (permit eligibility restricted for Students)
The urban core area refers to the central urban area of Lancaster and Morecambe including campus, which is within a 10 minute walk of a bus stop with a regular and direct service to the University. Students living in this area during term time are not normally allowed a campus car parking permit.
Advice on Foreign Licences/Vehicles
Report a fault (road surfaces, lighting, drainage...)
Reporting a change of vehicle
If you are a permit holder and change your vehicle you will need to inform the Car Parking Office in the Security Lodge of your new vehicle details so that the permit database can be updated. You can contact the Car Parking Office by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01524 592179.
Guidance for supermarket deliveries
Supermarket deliveries should only be made to those areas shown on the Supermarket Deliveries Map 2016.