Electric Vehicles and Charging Points
Lancaster University actively promotes the use of plug-in electric vehicles. To encourage use, free electric charging is available to any staff, student or visitor that brings a plug-in electric vehicle onto campus. This includes plug-in pure electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid vehicles.
Staff and students with an electric vehicle must register their vehicle for an EV parking permit from Security. This is charged at just £68 a year. Free electric vehicle charging for staff is only available for work commuting and University business purposes.
Visitors with an electric vehicle must pay and display (Mon-Fri 08:00 to 18:00) in order to use the free electicity at the charging points.
Electric vehicle charging points are located at the following locations:
- LICA Building car park – 6 x 7Kw fast chargers
- Furness Avenue – 5 x 7Kw fast chargers
- Outside InfoLab21 – 2 x 7Kw fast chargers
- Visitor Car Park E (opposite ISS Building) – 2 x 7Kw fast chargers
- Visitor Car Park I (Farrer Avenue) - 1 x 7Kw fast charger
The above charging points are all open access, just plug in and charge! Please take note of the signage at each charging point location. Additional charging points will be added across the campus in due course.