‘Photonics in a Box’
A-Level Physics students learn about non-invasive blood flow monitoring using laser speckle; optical fibres and networks: splicing, joining, connectorising, bandwidth, hacking and secure quantum encryption; simulation of a quantum computer, with ‘Photonics in a Box’.
‘Photonics in a Box’ outcomes
- Understand and recognise the components of modern fibre optic communication
- Learn more about the coherence property of light and applications of it
- Understand the core concepts underpinning quantum communications
- Learn about the practicalities of implementations of quantum computing
- Enhance their understanding of the wave optics components in the syllabus