This project would not have been possible without the generous assistance offered by the staff and ex-students of Lancaster University. We try to list them all below but offer our apologies to anyone we have omitted.
- Dr Mike Winstanley, project supervisor
- Professor Martin Blinkhorn
- Professor Eric Evans
- Professor Michael Heale
- Dr Ruth Henig
- Dr Marcus Merriman
- Dr Michael Mullett
- Dr Angus Winchester
- Dr Alan Wood
- Beccy Moran, MA student for technical advice and support
- June Cross and Clare Ogden, departmental secretaries
Lancaster University Library
- Helen Clish, Libarian in charge of rare books and archives
- Ken Harrison, Map Librarian, for locating and copying maps
- Christine Thornber, Slide/Photographic Collection for allowing us to copy photos
- All the staff on the service desks who dealt with our enquiries.
University Publications Office
- Louise Banton (then also Principal of Bowland College) for agreeing to back us and for the loan of student magazines!
- Neil Thomason, for technical assistance and emergency support
- ALL the college secretaries – THANK YOU.
- David Blacow, Lancaster University TV Unit (and for bringing our attention to old films)
- Mike Bowen, Lancaster University TV Unit
- Wayne Kelly, Information Systems Services
- Staff on Student Help Desk
Alumni Office for contacting alumni on our behalf
- Rachel Price
- Janet Bunting
Rest of the University!
- Marion McClintock, Academic Registrar and author of Quest for Innovation
- Tony McEnery, Department of Linguistics
- Janet Clements, School of Independent Studies (also Principal of Furness College)
- John Taylor
- Ian Saunders
- Mike Kemp
- Tony Abramson
- Trevor Hart
Lancaster Central Reference Library
- Susan Wilson and colleagues
Lancaster City Museum
- Sue Ashworth, Keeper of Social History
- Dr Andrew White, Curator
Unless otherwise stated, all the photographs and video clips have been taken from the University archives, and copyright clearance has been obtained..