Have you got an idea for something new? It could be a new product or service, a gap in the market you have spotted. It could be an idea to solve a problem in society or a suggestion to improve the student experience at university.
We can help you take that idea and make it happen.
The Enterprise Team in collaboration with LUSU Involve can support you in the following ways:
- One to one feedback and support to develop your ideas into projects, a social enterprise or a business
- Business Start-Up Boot Camps to learn the fundamentals of starting a social enterprise or business
- Access to finance to have a go! From free grants to introductions to external funders
- Support from an experienced business advisor and the potential for introductions to business mentors
To discuss an idea contact:
- Joe Bourne (email@example.com) or
- Becky Baines (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
To register for a Business Start-Up Boot Camp visit http://businessstartupmarch2013.eventbrite.co.uk/# (25th and 26th March 2013)
Access to Finance
The Enterprise Team manages two pots of funding at Lancaster University:
Proof of Concept (POC) grants
Working with our partner Lancashire County Development Limited (LCDL) we administer a small seed fund for potential start-up businesses. Students and recent graduates that are looking to start a new company in Lancashire may be eligible to apply for a £1000 POC grant. In exceptional circumstances we accept applications for up to £2000. For more information and to request an application form please contact:
- Amanda Brooks at (email@example.com).
UnLtd Social Entrepreneurship grants
We have been successful in securing a new stream of social entrepreneurship grants with UnLtd. These grants are for individuals or teams to develop a new solution to a social problem. This could be in the form of a project or a potential social enterprise. To be eligible you must be a current student, graduate in 2012 or member of staff at Lancaster University. If you are a student with an idea please speak to Joe Bourne (firstname.lastname@example.org) or member of staff please speak to Amanda Brooks (email@example.com) about the soon to be announced application process.
“Enterprise and entrepreneurship is not just about assisting students to start businesses, entrepreneurship is a mindset, a way of thinking; developing ideas, spotting opportunities and taking action.”
Powell, J., 2012, A Review of Student Enterprise and Entrepreneurship at Lancaster University