28 March 2009
School of Management Auditorium
Royal Holloway, University of London
This year the Medieval English Theatre meeting on London
- hosted by Ruth Kennedy and Katie Normington at Royal Holloway;
- held in the College’s School of Management, at Royal Holloway, Egham Hill, Egham, Surrey TW20 OEX 01784;
- maps at http://www.rhul.ac.uk/shared/maps/.
The management building 12 on the campus map and the Hub at 41;
- Ruth and Katie’s contact details: e-mail R.Kennedy@rhul.ac.uk;
- Please register as directed on the Registration form, and send the form
with payment to
Dr Sue Niebrzydowski, School of English, Bangor University, Gwynedd, LL57 2DG by
by 3 March 2009.
- Should you need overnight accommodation on Friday 28 or Saturday 29 March, please refer to the
Accommodation section below.
- The cost, £40 per person, includes morning and afternoon coffee/tea and biscuits,
and a lunch.
- The first two full-time postgraduate students to apply will have the cost of the day paid by Medieval
- Please pass on news of the day to anyone you know who might be interested in attending.
Further copies of the registration form can be obtained online from this website or by emailing Sue
Niebrzydowski at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phoning her at 01248 382111 (work).
Accommodation: Book quickly
- There are single and double rooms at the Hub on campus which you can book on-line at
Single rooms from £55 for bed and breakfast per person.
- Otherwise there are 4 B&Bs about a 10-15 minute walk from campus:
- Bulkeley House http://www.bulkeleyhouse.co.uk
Englefield Green, Middle Hill
Single rooms from £55
- Hydeaway House http://www.hydeawayhouse.com
Englefield Green, 6 Lodge Close, TW20 0JE
01784-436048, e-mail email@example.com
Singles from £40 (with sherry!)
- Beau Villa
44 Grange Rd, Egham, TW20 9QP
Phone: +44 (0)1784 435115
Fax: +44 (0)1784 741250
Singles from £35
- The Old Parsonage
2 Parsonage Rd, Egham, TW20 0JW
Phone: +44 (0)1784 436706
Fax: +44 (0)1784 436706
Singles from £48
- You can get to Egham from Waterloo on the train that goes to Reading. From the station get a taxi
to campus (about 15 min walk up a hill otherwise) or on Friday night walk to Loch Fyne directly
(see below – it’s about 10 minutes)
- There is car-parking on campus (check with accommodation for details)
- Maps at http://www.rhul.ac.uk/shared/maps
- For those who wish to arrive on the Friday, we will gather at Loch Fyne, 5-6 High Street, Egham at
6.45pm for dinner (they do meat too). Please indicate if you wish to attend and we will send a menu for
you to chose in advance – the fixed menu for dinner prior to 7pm is £12 (starter, main course, side order
and glass of wine). See Map
- There is parking at back of Loch Fyne restaurant.
- To help those who wish to travel on the Saturday, we will begin
registration at 10 a.m. and the full programme at 10.30.
- Research: the following will give papers at the meeting: Meg Twycross (Lancaster),
Phil Butterworth (Leeds), Claire Wright (Nottingham), Penny Granger (Cambridge), Michele Pasin
(Southampton), and Jessica Freeman (Southampton).
- The day will either include a performance in the Chapel of an adaptation of Piers Plowman
Passus XVIII (Harrowing of Hell) by third year Drama/English students (tbc), or tour of the picture gallery.
- The Business section will begin around 4.00 p.m.
Please indicate on the registration form if you wish to make a report.
Copies of the Registration Form are available here.
Please print it off: do not attempt to fill it in on-line!
30th January 2009