The Planning Support Unit is located in Professional Services and is headed by the University’s Director of Planning. The Unit provides support across a range of planning-related activities, including the annual planning and resource allocation process, the provision of management information (particularly concerning student numbers), the maintenance of key performance indicators, data analyses and student number planning.
A key responsibility of the office is to take a lead role in the production of the University’s student data returns to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (in partnership with the Student Registry) and the student number returns to HEFCE which help determine the level of the University’s teaching grant.
The office also takes an overview of the University’s performance in external league tables, including the ways in which external data is used by the compilers to determine institutional rankings.
These web pages contain a range of useful reports including:
- Summaries of the University’s student numbers, broken down by student category, faculty and department
- Reports on student demographics and performances (both static and interactive)
- Analyses of the University’s performance in the National Student Survey
- Analyses of the University’s performance in national and international league tables
- Up-to-date information on admissions
The PSU is also able to help with student data requirements not covered by the above reports.
All requests can be submitted using the following web enquiry form: