This year the promotion process for inter-band Professorial Promotion (Cycle B) will be running. This means that any Professors wishing to be promoted to Band 2 or Band 3 respectively will need to submit a case for consideration to the Professorial Promotion Sub-Committee.
The Deadline for submission of cases to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) and to Faculty Deans is the 22nd October 2018.
The process for a promotion is two-fold:
- Step One is that there is a meeting in November where the case will be reviewed by the Professorial Promotion Sub-Committee to determine whether the case is a prima facie case. If this is the case then HR will write out to external references.
- Step Two is a meeting in the summer term when all references have been returned. The Sub-Committee will meet to review the case alongside the references received and determine whether there is a case for promotion to either Band 2 or 3.
Please review the attached documentation to ensure your case is prepared for submission:
- Checklist- a memo to aid you with deadlines/submission items (executive summary, candidate statement, head of department statement, cv, publication list, dean statement).
- Submission Guidance 18-19
- Citation guidance
- Cover Sheet - Must be completed and submitted with all cases
- Reference List (Blank) – Must be completed by candidate & Head of Department
- Professorial Framework
The Deadline for professors to submit their cases to HR AND their Faculty Dean is 22 October 2018.