Distance and blended learning
Lancaster's online and distance learning postgraduate courses are aimed at those wishing to enhance their careers by learning flexibly – from home, work, or wherever and whenever is convenient.
There's no need to relocate to Lancaster or take a career break – you can gain relevant knowledge and skills by studying alongside your ongoing professional and personal commitments. Please note that some of these courses may require campus attendance – please enquire.
The Lancaster distance learning creative writing degrees have rapidly evolved into an international programme, linking students in the UK and overseas through virtual learning. The MA programme is mediated almost entirely by online tutorials and conferences, with a live Summer School at its mid-point.
A portfolio of research-led continuing professional development at master's and doctoral level. Our MA and PhD programmes are closely linked to our research centres in: Higher education research and evaluation; Social justice and wellbeing in education; and Technology enhanced learning.
- MA in Education and Social Justice
- PhD in Educational Research - Higher Education
- PhD in Higher Education: Research, Evaluation and Enhancement
- PhD in Education and Social Justice
- PhD in E-Research and Technology Enhanced Learning
An exciting range of established postgraduate distance learning programmes, designed so that you do not have to leave your workplace to pursue your studies. Some programmes offer a mixture of blended learning with short residentials, whilst others are entirely online.
- MA in English Language (by Distance)
- MA in Language Testing (by Distance)
- MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- PhD in Applied Linguistics by Thesis and Coursework (blended course with residential and distance learning)
Building on the already very successful campus-based programme, these master's courses offer convenience and flexibility in terms of study time and location.