Our aim is to provide specialist advice based on Lancaster University’s established expertise to address real world challenges through consultancy.
Lancaster University consultancy is an effective way of accessing knowledge and expertise that can be applied to challenges in your organisation. An academic consultant can offer you the opportunity to see a problem from a new perspective, analyse challenges or bring in interdisciplinary expertise.
Lancaster University’s research is truly international in focus, with research partnerships in 60 countries around the world and 83% of our research rated as internationally excellent or world-leading in the latest UK research assessment exercise.
The process for setting up a consultancy project has been streamlined to enable a fast, efficient response and to meet business expectations. The basic steps are:
- You complete the ‘application & payment’ form which can be found here: Consultancy Application Form
- Approval for the work is triggered by the application form and sent on to the Consultancy Team
- Consultancy Team contacts you to finalise price and puts an agreement in place with the client
- Consultancy Team arranges for a project code to be set up
- You deliver the project for the client
- Consultancy Team arrange for invoicing and payment or transfer of the funds to you or the department
Payment options include salary, personal research accounts (for individual consultancy) and departmental accounts (for university consultancy).