Festival of Social Science 2019
ESRC’s Annual Festival of Social Science is a week-long celebration of the social sciences held every year with events taking place across the UK. This year it will run between 2-9 November 2019. It is a fantastic opportunity for academics to engage with non-academic audiences.
The Festival is intended to:
- Encourage, support and create the opportunity for social science researchers, particularly early career researchers, to engage with non-academic audiences.
- Provide a ‘safe’ place for researchers at all career stages to test out public engagement activities
- Engage with a range of policymakers promoting social science research and findings, to inform policymaking and to maximise the impact of research
- Engage the wider public to promote social science research and findings and an awareness and understanding of the contribution they make to the economy and wellbeing of society
- Engage young people and schools in social sciences.