Specialist Careers Support
If you have a disability or experience challenges relating to your health and wellbeing, you may feel you need extra support when planning your career. In addition to our general careers services, we also provide specialist information and support throughout your studies and after you graduate.
This support includes appointments with Careers staff who can advise on:
- Your rights as a disabled person;
- Whether and when to disclose details of your disability or health condition to employers, or ask for reasonable adjustments in the application process;
- How to market yourself effectively so that your disability is not the focal point of an application;
- How to deal with gaps in your education or lack of work experience;
- How to identify opportunities and positive employers;
- How to access work experience and/or get a part time job.
We are committed to ensuring that all students have full access to all our services and facilities. If you need access to information in a different format, or are unable to attend a specific careers/employability appointment or workshop because of accessibility or other disability-related reasons, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be able to assist you.