Other sections in Equality and Diversity:
There are a number of bursaries offered by the University which can help you travel to interviews and enhance your employability.
Do you need financial help getting to interviews/assessment centres? Then why not apply for a Lancaster University Travel2Interview bursary?
You could receive up to £400 per academic year to cover travel costs and accommodation costs to attend interviews or assessment centres for:
At the discretion of the Careers team, assistance is also available for travel costs and accommodation costs to attend:
This Travel2Interview bursary is available where travel/subsistence expenses are not provided by the recruiting organisation or the amount available does not cover your full costs. Please note that interviews for non-graduate jobs are not eligible for support and this bursary does not cover the costs of travelling to your internship on a daily basis. You can claim more than once, but the total claimed per academic year should not exceed £400 and there is a £100 limit for accommodation costs incurred on a single visit
The scheme is open to all current Lancaster University UK undergraduate students who are in receipt of an income-related University bursary or disability allowance travel funds.
You can apply for a Travel2Interview once you have received an invitation to attend for interview or assessment. You will need to provide:
Complete the online application form
Travel Bursary 2018/19 Terms & Conditions
The scheme is open to all current Lancaster University UK undergraduate students who are in receipt of an income related university bursary or disabled allowance travel funds.
1. Eligible students can claim travel and subsistence costs in order to attend a graduate job or post graduate study interview, student internship or placement interview and/or assessment centre. At the discretion of the Careers team, assistance is also available for travel costs and accommodation costs to attend workplace visits undertaken as part of The Career Mentoring Programme, Insight Days and open Days
2. Bursaries will be awarded up to £400 per student, per academic year.
3. There is a limit of £100 for claims for accommodation related to attendance at an interview or assessment centre.
4. Interviews for non-graduate jobs are not eligible for support.
5. Applicants must confirm that travel expenses are not being reimbursed by the recruiting organisation
6. The Bursary Scheme will operate between 1st September 2018 and 31st July 2019
7. Students can claim more than once in an academic year, however the totality of their travel bursary will not exceed £400 per academic year
8. Students should apply for their bursary prior to attendance at interview/assessment centre to check their eligibility. This will require completion of an application form and attachment of initial invite to interview/assessment
9. Students will claim their bursary retrospectively once they have attended the interview/assessment. This will require submission of a completed claim form, attachment of relevant travel receipts and completion of an online feedback survey on the interview/assessment process.
10. Final year students must submit their claim by 1st June 2019 as their payments must be processed before they graduate.
11. All claims for a travel bursary will be made in the same academic year as the interview/assessment took place. Late claims cannot be forwarded to the next academic year.
12. The Bursary Scheme Fund will operate on a first come first served basis. Once the annual fund is exhausted no additional funds will be made available until the start of a new academic year.
13. Where possible application forms will be processed within 2 weeks of submission providingconfirmation of student eligibility as appropriate.
14. Where possible payments will be made directly into claimants bank accounts within 3 weeks of claim forms being submitted with the necessary evidence of travel costs.
Are you looking for work experience in the UK or abroad, but finding it financially difficult to take up the opportunity you really want? Then you might benefit from a Work Experience Bursary!
The Careers Service has a limited bursary fund to help you with the costs of undertaking career related summer work experience.
We want to help you with the costs of undertaking career-related work experience.
This might be unpaid (e.g. voluntary work), a low paid role, or where there are additional costs associated with taking up the opportunity. Lancaster University Careers Service does not endorse unpaid internships – further information about unpaid work experience and your rights can be found on TARGETjobs.
Work experience can take place in the UK or overseas.
What costs can the Work Experience Bursary be used to help with?
This Work Experience Bursary can only be used to cover costs incurred as a result of undertaking work experience such as:
The Work Experience Bursary cannot be used to cover daily expenses such as food, clothes, visa/passport application fees. Please read the Terms & Conditions for more information.
The scheme is open to all current Lancaster University full-time undergraduate students who are NOT in their final year of study.
Make sure that you follow the steps below to increase your chances of making a successful application!
1. Before completing the application form, ensure that you have downloaded, read and understood the Work Experience Bursaries Terms & Conditions. This document outlines your responsibilities should you be awarded a bursary.
2. You must then complete the 2019 Application Form. As part of the online application process students will be asked to provide:
Assessing your application
The work experience Bursary funds are limited. Applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis by the Careers team until the funding is closed. Once you have provided all the relevant information we will aim to inform you if you application has been successful within three weeks.
If your application is successful, the bursary will be paid in advance of completing your work experience. You will be required to evidence, with original receipts, the expenses incurred as part of the work experience.
You will be required to repay any unreceipted or unspent elements of the bursary to the University.
Work Experience Bursary 2019 Terms and Conditions
Please click the link above to download and read the Terms & Conditions of the bursary.