Other sections in Equality and Diversity:
There are a number of bursaries offered by the University which can help you travel to interviews and enhance your employability.
Complete the online application form
TRAVEL BURSARY 2018/19 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The scheme is open to all current Lancaster University UK undergraduate students who are in
receipt of an income related university bursary or disabled allowance travel funds.
1. Eligible students can claim travel and subsistence costs in order to attend a graduate job or post graduate study interview, student internship or placement interview and/or assessment centre. At the discretion of the Careers team, assistance is also available for travel costs and accommodation costs to attend workplace visits undertaken as part of The Career Mentoring Programme, Insight Days and open Days
2. Bursaries will be awarded up to £400 per student, per academic year.
3. There is a limit of £100 for claims for accommodation related to attendance at an interview or assessment centre.
4. Interviews for non-graduate jobs are not eligible for support.
5. Applicants must confirm that travel expenses are not being reimbursed by the recruiting organisation
6. The Bursary Scheme will operate between 1st September 2018 and 31st July 2019
7. Students can claim more than once in an academic year, however the totality of their travel bursary will not exceed £400 per academic year
8. Students should apply for their bursary prior to attendance at interview/assessment centre to check their eligibility. This will require completion of an application form and attachment of initial invite to interview/assessment
9. Students will claim their bursary retrospectively once they have attended the interview/assessment. This will require submission of a completed claim form, attachment of relevant travel receipts and completion of an online feedback survey on the interview/assessment process.
10. Final year students must submit their claim by 1st June 2019 as their payments must be processed before they graduate.
11. All claims for a travel bursary will be made in the same academic year as the interview/assessment took place. Late claims cannot be forwarded to the next academic year.
12. The Bursary Scheme Fund will operate on a first come first served basis. Once the annual fund is exhausted no additional funds will be made available until the start of a new academic year.
13. Where possible application forms will be processed within 2 weeks of submission providingconfirmation of student eligibility as appropriate.
14. Where possible payments will be made directly into claimants bank accounts within 3 weeks of claim forms being submitted with the necessary evidence of travel costs.