Meet some of the team you’ll be working with:
Director of CeMoRe and Professor of Sociology, Lancaster University
Visiting CeMoRe Fellow, University of São Paulo, Brazil.
Associate Professor and Australian Research Council Future Fellow in the School of Geography, University of Melbourne
Research Associate, Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts, Lancaster University
Andrea Victoria Hernandez Bueno
Visiting PhD Student, Aalborg University
Administrator for CeMoRe and GMN
Senior Lecturer School of People, Environment and Planning, Massey University
Professor of Dept. of Sociology of the University of São Paulo, Brazil
Katrine Høxbroe Hyllested
Project Coordinator, Aalborg University, Denmark
Ole B. Jensen
Professor - Architecture, Design and Media Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark
Associate Professor, Department of Architecture and Media Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark
Tine Skjødt Andreasen
GMN Administrator, Aalborg University, Denmark
The objectives of this project are:
- To work with designers and the project team to design and build an innovative and functional new Global Mobilities Network (GMN) website on WordPress to replace the former version.
- To manage, update, upload and create site content on GMN site and CeMoRe such as advertising of upcoming events, writing your own and publishing others blog posts, and keeping all site pages up to date and accurate.
- To control social media handles (Twitter and Facebook) and update the current digital strategy for both the GMN and CeMoRe.
- To collaborate internationally with team members at Aalborg University via Skype meetings to collectively decide what steps to take next for the development of the GMN.
- To assist with the management of the Global Mobilities and CeMoRe mailing list.
- To correspond with and recruit Global Mobilities Network members, centres and groups and adding these to the site.
- Help train global ambassadors how to use the basics of the WordPress site and post to the mailing list.
- Assisting in writing funding bids for CeMoRe.
- Creating a Global Mobilities logo.
- Designing posters for internal events.
- Attending events such as reading groups, colloquiums and workshops to write reflective blog posts.
If there is a particular skill-set that you think you would especially like to/ be able to focus on during your internship, you are more than welcome to suggest it to us and we can see if we can incorporate this into your responsibilities to ensure that the internship is as useful to you as possible.
You will develop the following skills during this project:
- WordPress skills
- Web content writing
- Planning and organisation skills
- Communication skills
- Administration skills
Skills required for this project:
- Evidence of teamwork
- Good communication
- Strong writing ability
- Sense of initiative
- Preferably some experience in design (web or graphic) although this is not essential
Image source: Pixabay