Chinese proficiency tests
The Confucius Institute at Lancaster University is an official UK test centre for HSK, HSKK and YCT Chinese Proficiency tests.
This page provides details of forthcoming test dates, how to register and how to pay for a test.
For further information about HSK please see http://www.chinesetest.cn/gosign.do?lid=0#
Test dates 2019
Please note: You are able to take both HSK Test and HSKK Tests on the same date!
How to Register
1. You will need to register and pay on separate sites.
2. First, create an account & register through the Hanban Chinese Test Website. (See below for help with registering).
3. Then, you will need to pay for your test(s) on the Confucius Institute Online Store Page.
Student Discount: Students who are studying Chinese as part of their degree are eligible to receive a free HSK/HSKK test every time they attempt a new HSK Level. Please alert us if you believe you may be eligible to receive this discount.
We can arrange HSK/HSKK/YCT tutorials!
Please contact Adam Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange a tutorial. Please ensure to get in touch well in advance of any tests you would like to attend.
- Once you have accessed the site through the link above, click the link in the top right-hand corner to register as a "New User" and complete your details as required.
- The next step is to click on ‘Test Registration’ button in the menu that runs along the top of the page.
- Next, click the button for your ‘HSK Level ’ and then click the blue ‘Register’ button.
- Complete your details as requested.
Please note that the correct ‘Test Format’ to select is ‘Paper-based Test’ and selecting this option will then allow you to select ‘Lancaster University Confucius Institute’ as your ‘Test Centre’.
You will need to select your test date.
Finally, you will require either your Passport number / ID card number / Residence Permit number to register for the test.
If you have any problems please contact email@example.com.