At Lancaster University, the more feedback we get, the better we can become. Find out how to share yours, and see what’s already been done to turn student ideas into reality.
Choose from a range of opportunities to provide your feedback.
Powered by your input
Take a look at what's already been achieved thanks to student feedback, including better learning spaces, support and technology.
More teaching staff
You said you value the support offered by teaching staff
So we appointed 300 additional lecturers and professors over the last four years
- The Learning Development team also welcomed a full-time English for Academic Purposes Learning Developer, offering English Language workshops, Learning Zone drop-ins and informal language learning opportunities.
- To find out more about English Language Development visit the Learning Skills website
More wellbeing support
You said you wanted more counselling support
So we introduced a new member to the team with a specialism in eating disorders
- The Transitions Team has also been expanded to provide more access to those students with specific needs such as care leavers.
- Each college also now has a wellbeing officer assigned to support its students and provide general welfare advice.
- Your Students’ Union increased the amount of advice and support it offers, and launched events and projects aimed at mental wellbeing
- To find out more and learn how to access Lancaster University personal support, visit the wellbeing, counselling and mental health website.
More free software
You said you wanted free access to Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Photoshop
So we put major Creative Cloud applications on all PCs in the Library and Learning Labs
- You also said you wanted more training for specialist software, so we added SPSS, MatLab, Python, LaTeX and more to our digital skills training.
- Microsoft Office continues to be free on your own devices and you can also access a large range of applications through AppsAnywhere.
- Find out more by visiting the ISS website.
Making your ideas happen
You said you wanted space and support to develop your ideas for start-ups, projects, events and changes on campus
So we opened the Work in Progress innovation studio in Alex Square and created a monthly pitching event worth £500
- A weekly Challenge Lancaster design sprint was set up to provide opportunities to develop as Design Thinkers.
- We also invested in the Simply Do Ideas online platform to connect with other innovators and entrepreneurial students.
- Find out more by visiting the Enterprise Centre website.
You said the Library could get noisy and you wanted more silent study space
So we made the whole of B Floor Silent for the exam period in addition to C Floor
Access to resources
You said it is frustrating when you can’t access an e-book because of user limits
So we now automatically upgrade the licence on-the-spot to provide seamless access
- We continue to offer free access to more than two million TV and radio broadcasts through Box of Broadcasts, and we are always keen to hear what further resources you'd like us to provide.
- Meanwhile, the Learning Development team created the Learning Skills and Development website that now includes interactive resources and a student-led study blog.
- Find out by visiting the Library website.
Stronger student voice
You said the Students’ Union should prioritise representing students’ interests
So your Union allocated more resources and support to the Academic Reps you elect in your departments
- You also wanted to be able to provide confidential feedback, so the Students' Union created a student-only Moodle area for every course.
- Find out more by visiting the Students’ Union website.
You said you wanted guidance on different stages of career planning
So we introduced new workshops on topics including how to choose a career and making the most of your time at university
- You said you wanted to meet with Careers more and so the team now hold drop-in sessions providing careers help every weekday morning and afternoon.
- The Careers service has also redesigned its website to make it easier for you to find the information and support you need.
- Find out more by visiting the Careers website.
Sports Centre access
You said you want the best value access to our Sports Centre
So we extended the student off-peak membership to weekends and improved access for BUCS teams
- A new 400m2 extension will provide a Human Performance Lab and Strength and Conditioning room from early 2019.
- Plans are also underway to extend the Sports Centre further and provide a new eight-court Sports Hall.
- Find out more by visiting the Sport Lancaster website.