Five ways to wellbeing
Simple tips to improve your mental health and wellbeing.
What are they?
The Five ways to mental wellbeing are used by charities such as Mind, the NHS, and many other organisations to help improve mental health and wellbeing.
It's a framework that encourages you to connect with people, be active, take notice of your self and your surroundings, keep learning, and be generous.
Here are some simple steps you can take today.
- Take time each day to connect with your family or friends.
- Check out some wellbeing apps, or search for an online community.
- Pick up the phone. It's easy to get into the habit of only messaging or emailing people.
- Choose from social events on the Campus and Community Life page.
- Take time to say thank you to someone for something they have done for you.
- Ask people how they are, how they are feeling, and give time to really listen to their answer.
- Contact a friend or family member who needs support or company.