Who is this programme for?
The MA in Education and Social Justice will be of interest to people:
- working in educational institutions, charities and NGOs who wish to improve their research skills;
- working in educational establishments where ongoing career progression depends on research;
- recent/ not so recent graduates with an academic interest in education and social justice issues
- who wish to change their career direction within education: for example, by moving from the school sector to the university sector or from teaching to research;
- who have an academic interest in the area and who may wish to go on to pursue doctoral studies in educational research, perhaps on the Doctoral Programme in Education and Social Justice at Lancaster.
An MA pass, on this programme, with a Merit or above will guarantee a place on the PhD programme.
The programme and assignments are designed to provide research opportunities to explore and understand how formal and informal education, in a variety of countries and contexts – schooling, training, adult and higher education, workplaces, voluntary organisations, reform projects - mediate social equalities and inequalities.