Who is this programme for?
Our critical approach to “education and technology” along with our commitment to rigorous research provides meaningful opportunities to explore the role of technology in teaching and learning in both formal and informal education contexts – classrooms, schools, professional training, adult and higher education settings, workplaces, or voluntary organisations. Consequently, the MA in Technology Enhanced Learning is suitable for teachers, educators, consultants, policy makers, and experienced professionals in all areas of education either in public or private organisations, as well as those trying to develop their understanding of the theory, practice, and research of technology enhanced learning. In particular, it will be of interest to people:
- working in schools, educational institutions, charities, and NGOs who wish to improve their understanding of educational uses of technology
- working in educational establishments where ongoing career progression depends on research qualification
- developing or managing distance, online, or blended learning courses in their institutions
- who wish to change their career direction within education: for example, by moving from the school sector to the university sector or from teaching to research;
- who have an academic interest in technology and education, as well as those in disciplines from Psychology, Sociology, and Computer Science
- who may wish to go on to pursue doctoral studies.
An MA pass, on this programme, with a Merit or above will guarantee a place on the PhD in E- Research and Technology Enhanced Learning.
The programme will be taught entirely online. Currently, we are offering only part-time study, but full-time study will be available starting in October 2020.