How to Apply
Applying for English Literature and Creative Writing degree programmes.
We welcome applications. If you would like to discuss the entry requirements or your eligibility for the programmes, please contact email@example.com.
All full-time undergraduate applications to Lancaster University should be made via the UCAS website. We look forward to receiving your application.
Entry requirements for applicants
Our standard offer for 2019 entry is:
Three A-levels at AAB, with one of the As in English Literature or English Language and Literature.
We occasionally make lower offers and sometimes accept students who fall slightly short of the requirements.
We do not admit anyone without an English Literature or English Language and Literature A-level or equivalent. (Students with only an English Language A-level or only an English Literature AS-level are ineligible.)
- Scottish Highers: We are happy to consider a combination of Highers and Advanced Highers but would typically require a minimum of grade B in an Advanced Higher literature course. For further information please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office (01524 592028 firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H2, H3, H3, H3, H3, H3 from 6 Highers including H2 in a literature subject.
- BTEC: DD plus A level English Literature or Language and Literature, grade A.
- IB: 35 overall (with 16 points from best three HL courses, including 6 in a HL Literature subject)
- Mature Students: Applications are welcomed from mature students who can show evidence of recent and successful formal study, for example an Access course with 36 Level 3 Credits at Distinction and 9 Level 3 Credits at Merit (distinctions in all available English Literature units).
- French Baccalaureate: 14 (or 13.5 for OIB) including 15 in a literature subject.
- European Baccalaureate: 80% overall including 8.5 in a year 7 literature subject.
- German Abitur: 1.7 overall including 13 in an advanced literature subject
- Cypriot Apolytirion: 18.5 overall, with 18 in a selective literature subject.
- USA Students: 3.4 in High School Diploma plus grades 5, 5, 4 in AP exams including 5 in a literature subject.
- IELTS: 6.5 or above with no less than 5.5 in each element
Our offers do not include the Welsh Baccalaureate. Applicants with this qualification will be made an offer on the basis of three A levels (or equivalent) in the usual way. However, we do acknowledge the value of the Welsh Baccalaureate and this may be taken into account when the results are announced in the summer.
Making an Application
Lancaster University and UCAS provide all the basic information and forms needed to apply. Please visit the following websites:
Fees & Funding
For information on tuition fees and funding visit the Student Registry