The UK’s largest student and graduate business pitching competition is back! This is your chance to win up to £25,000 funding plus mentoring and a whole range of other start-up support.
Deadline for applications: Noon, Monday the 24th April
Stage one: You and your idea
This stage will involve the production of a two minute video pitch along with a completed business model canvas. These will be judged internally and two entries will then be submitted to Santander – one in each of the two competition categories: pre-revenue and post-revenue.
Stage two: Understanding your Business
Santander will shortlist up to 30 businesses to take part in regional heats, delivering a 5 minute pitch followed by Q&A.
Stage three: Growing your Business
Up to 12 businesses will reach stage 3. They will all receive £1,000 seed funding and be invited to attend an accelerator week to help prepare for the final event in London. The final will take place in October and involve the delivery of a 10 minute presentation followed by Q&A.
Attractive prize packages for a pre-revenue and post-revenue winner and runner-up . Prize packages include between £10,000-£25,000 of equity-free seed funding, a fully funded intern, mentoring from one of the judges at the national final and additional support provided by Talent Cupboard such as free listings on their marketplace or e-commerce website hosting for several months.
- For further information you can download the full awards information pack here. Santander have also provided a Business Model Canvas Template which can be used.
- You can enter as a team or individual. Alumni must have graduated within the past 5 years.
- If you are unfamiliar with the Business Model Canvas we would also recommend that you watch the six short introductory videos from Strategyzer here or download the first 8- pages of the Business Model Generation book here.
- Once you’ve had a go why not pop into an IdeasLab to present your canvas?
- Email the Enterprise Team if you have any further questions or would like access to any example canvases.
Submitting an Application
To submit your application for the Santander Awards, email your business model canvas and your two minute video pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline (Mon 24th April, noon). We will aim to inform successful applicants by Friday 28th April.