Current Project Phases
Please find below details of the current phases of work.
If you have any questions about the project, please contact the facilities help desk via email: email@example.com or by phone: 01524 593333.
The North Spine has been dramatically reduced in width from the Chemistry building down to Physics Garden. A diversion is in place via Bowland North and Bowland Main Quads.
The South Spine is fully closed from the steps at Furness College down to the Fylde building. A diversion is in place via Edward Roberts Court, along the back of Furness and through Fylde Quad.
Furness College Lift
- Furness lift remains closed. An accessible diversion is available, please click here to see the route
North Spine – Great Hall Square
- Work has begun in the Great Hall Square
- Levelled pathways, new paving, new seating, a water feature, new bike store and planted areas will be created
North Spine – Great Hall Court
- Work has begun in the Great Hall Court between Ash House, Bowland North and the Great Hall
- Access to the Great Hall through at least one set of double doors will be maintained throughout the works
- Access to the Peter Scott Gallery will also be maintained
North Spine – Physics Garden
- Work is now complete on Physics Garden. The area opened on the 26th June 2017 and features vibrant garden areas, seating throughout and a water feature. The area is the first fully opened area of the project to open
- The remodelled area spans from the Physics building over to the Faraday building
- A productive herb garden, improved pathways and a much lighter area has been created
- A diversion route is in place from Faraday main entrance which is now accessible via Physics Garden
- Access to Faraday lecture theatres, Santander, the Pharmacy, Subway and Blackwell’s is maintained on the narrowed Spine
- The main entrance to the Physics building is now open
- All diversion routes will be well signed
South Spine – Furness College Court
- Work has begun in Furness College Court
- The area being remodelled spans from Furness staircase over to the north side of Fylde College
- A new lift will be installed, the staircase will be widened, large trees will be planted and pathways will be improved
- The Spine is completely closed from the top of Furness steps to Fylde College
- A diversion route is in place via Edward Roberts Court, along the back of Furness College and then through Fylde Quad, view here
- The doors into Pizzetta Republic and Furness laundrette off the Spine will be inaccessible, therefore the back entrance (next to Bailrigg FM) will become the main entrance
- In the next few weeks the Spine will re-open but some areas will be narrow while work continues
- Furness lift will remain closed until the end of summer therefore a signed accessible route will remain in place
- Access to Pizzetta Republic will be maintained at all times from Tower Avenue
- The doors into Furness laundrette off the Spine will be inaccessible therefore the back entrance (next to Bailrigg FM) will be the only entrance