Current Project Phases
Please find below details of the current phases of work.
If you have any questions about the project, please contact the facilities help desk via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 01524 593333.
Click to download Overview Map
The North Spine has been dramatically reduced in width from the Chemistry building down to Physics Garden. A diversion is in place via Bowland North and Bowland Main Quads.
The South Spine is fully closed from the steps at Furness College down to the Fylde building. A diversion is in place via Edward Roberts Court, along the back of Furness and through Fylde Quad.
Furness College Lift
- Furness lift remains closed. An accessible diversion is available, please click here to see the route
North Spine – Great Hall Square
- Work has completed in the Great Hall Square and the area is open
- The area features levelled pathways, new paving, new seating, a water feature, new bike store and planted areas
- The completion closely follows the opening of Physics Garden and indicates the progress the project is making overall
North Spine – Great Hall Court
- Work is in progress in the Great Hall Court between Ash House, Bowland North and the Great Hall
- Access to the Great Hall through at least one set of double doors will be maintained throughout the works
- Access to the Peter Scott Gallery will also be maintained
North Spine – Physics Garden
- Work is now complete on Physics Garden. The area opened on the 26th June 2017 and features vibrant garden areas, seating throughout and a water feature. The area is the first fully opened area of the project to open
- The remodelled area spans from the Physics building over to the Faraday building
- A productive herb garden, improved pathways and a much lighter area has been created
- A diversion route is in place from Faraday main entrance which is now accessible via Physics Garden
- Access to Faraday lecture theatres, Santander, the Pharmacy, Subway and Blackwell’s is maintained on the narrowed Spine
- The main entrance to the Physics building is now open
- All diversion routes will be well signed
South Spine – Furness College Court
- Furness College Court is now open although access to the stairway is currently closed
- The area being remodelled spans from the bottom of Furness staircase to just beyond Furness College main entrance
- A new lift will be installed, the staircase is being widened, large trees have been planted and pathways will be improved
- The Spine is completely closed from Furness College main entrance to the bottom of the stairway.
- The Doors to Furness College Main Entrance have been closed on the Spine facing side of the building whilst Canopy works are carried out.
- A diversion route is in place via Edward Roberts Court, along the back of Furness College and then through Fylde Quad, view here
- The doors into Pizzetta Republic and Furness laundrette off the Spine are now accessible
- Furness lift will remain closed until the end of summer therefore a signed accessible route will remain in place