On The Day
Graduation 'On the day' information
Guest tickets will be posted to UK addresses in mid November. Guest tickets for non-UK addresses will be held for collection from the Great Hall Ticket Office on Graduation Day. You will find enclosed with your tickets a Graduation Day Leaflet with a campus map.
You will also be able to download the iLancaster App for a quick overview of Graduation Day information for students and guests.
Download the "on the day Map/leaflet" for your ceremony
Arrive on campus
Two hours before your ceremony, please arrive on campus. No parking charges operate on Graduation Day so you can park for free in any marked space on campus, except Blue Badge spaces, for which you must hold and display a valid Blue Badge.
Please ensure you have ordered your academic dress from the University's official supplier Ede and Ravenscroft prior to your graduation. On Graduation Day, your gown will need to be collected from and returned to the LICA Building - opening hours 7.30am - 7.00pm
One hour before the ceremony start time:
- For guests- The Great Hall will be opened and guests can take their seats. All guests will have a ticket with an allocated seat number.
- Graduands must go to their lining up venue leaving personal items such as handbags with your guests. Details of lining up venues will be included in the leaflet with your tickets.
It is important that graduands arrive at lining up venues on time as you will be:
- Briefed on how the ceremony will run
- Briefed on what you will need to do and when during the ceremony
- You will be put into processional order
- You will be given your name card (from which your name will be read on stage)
About 20 minutes before your ceremony start time, you will process with your fellow graduands into The Great Hall where your guests will already be seated.
30 minutes before the ceremony start time:
- With the majority of guests in their seats, the Master of Ceremonies will make a number of important announcements to the guests including what they will need to know and do during the ceremony.
We offer a live webcast of each ceremony on Graduation Day. For guests without tickets to the ceremony, they can go to our live screening venues nearby where they can watch the ceremony live. The live screeening venue is staffed, fully accessible and no tickets are required.
20 minutes before the ceremony start time:
- Guests will be in their seats
- The graduands procession will enter the hall from the lining up venues
At the ceremony start time:
- The academic procession enters the hall
- The ceremony is formally opened
- The ceremony will last around one hour
- During the ceremony graduands and guests should follow the directions of Marshals who will guide you through what you should be doing and when.
FASS - Please contact your department
FST Graduation Day Celebration - 2:30pm - 4pm - County South Lecture theatre (booking required)
LUMS - The Hub Management School from 1pm (booking required)
The Great Hall- Graduation Ceremony, Lining up venues
LICA- Gown collection and returns, Photography sales stands and studios, Alumni Stand, University merchandise, Careers stand
Various outlets on campus- refreshments, snacks and lunches.