Places on the programme are only available for individuals who meet the following criteria: -
- EU / EEA / Swiss national who has been ordinarily resident in the EU / EEA / Switzerland for the 3 years preceding the date of programme commencement
- Has Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK and has been ordinarily resident in the UK for the 3 years preceding the date of programme commencement
Candidates who have been successful during the selection process but who do not meet the above criteria cannot be offered employment as a Trainee Clinical Psychologist by the Lancaster DClinPsy Programme. All candidates should check that they meet the criteria before making a clinical psychology application. The programme does not accept self-funded applicants.
Applicants from the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, and those unsure of their status should contact the programme to confirm their eligibility.
The UK's EU membership and DClinPsy programmes
Although the UK has voted to leave the EU this process is ongoing and the status of EU citizens may be subject to change. For further information see the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA), the UK's national advisory body serving the interests of international students and those who work with them.
English language requirements
To join the programme you must show sufficient proficiency in English to complete doctorate level study. This can be evidenced by any one of the following: -
- A qualification taught and assessed in English in an English speaking country at degree level or above (not including PG Certs)
- IELTS minimum score of 7.0 in each element
- TOEFL minimum score of 20 in each element
If you do not provide evidence of meeting one of the above requirements then your application to the programme will not be taken forward.