Lancaster Health Hub
Research collaboration and healthcare innovation
- To engage public and private sector colleagues in collaborative research initiatives
- To translate innovative healthcare research into genuine benefits for patients
- To enable research capability and skill acquisition through continuing professional development and training
Our purpose is to establish a cross-sectoral research platform to drive forward world-leading innovation in healthcare research and stimulate regional economic growth.
The Hub works strategically to increase collaborative research and knowledge exchange between Lancaster University, Industry, Hub partners and Social Care across Lancashire and Cumbria.
Strategic operation of the Hub involves close liaison and co-ordination between the Hub at Lancaster University and Hub partner organisations.
Growth of high quality, locally led research is stimulated and supported through the Hub by bringing together service perspectives, professional interests and facilities within Hub partners; internationally renowned research expertise in health, medicine and social care at Lancaster University; and industry perspectives and experience of collaborating with biomedical companies.
- Facilitates cross-sectoral knowledge exchange
- Organises events and seminars that offer opportunities for collaborative working and development
- Works with key research-focused organisations in the region
- Develops links with industry
- Supports growth of research capability in Lancashire and Cumbria through training and development initiatives
"There are wonderful assets in the North in hospitals and universities that industry will kill to work with...we need to make that an investable asset for government, so that those assets are mobilised." Read @SONeill_NHSA's @yorkshirepost interview 👇 https://t.co/mOH1C9cXr6
The Hub Newsletter provides a forum for sharing information about people, research events and activities across the Hub Partner network and is circulated to a wide cross-sectoral audience locally, regionally and nationally.
Contact us for further information and subscription details.Explore the archive
Lancaster Health Hub is committed to using the principles of evidence-based practice to support skill and capability development across the network. A substantial proportion of this has been achieved to date in the Hub to develop Cochrane systematic reviews of interventions.See the resources
Work and Health Forum
The Lancaster University Work and Health Forum is a new cross-faculty, interdisciplinary forum comprising academic staff, health professionals, policy leaders, local council leaders and local citizens to develop new research-based approaches towards enabling people with long term physical or mental health conditions to maintain or enhance their work productivity.Find out more